Very fun! Not as hard as it looks. Here is how I did it:
I baked store bought cake mix. Half a box per 8x4" loaf pans. Cooled them completely, cut the top of the cakes off to make them flat. Wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer to firm the cakes. I made marshmallow fondant from this website. The knobs on top are large marshmallows cut in half. I colored the fondant, rolled it and placed it on top and helped it form around the bumps and edges. I educated myself online about how fondant works cuz this was my first time making it and working with it. It was a good experience and I was happy with how they turned out. Thank you Emily and internet! I think I will use fondant with all the cakes I make.
6 comments:
That is sooo neat! Good work Briana!
AMAZING! I want to learn how.
fondant makes everything look great! I am SO impressed! My first fondant cake was way simpler than this and did not look as good!
AWESOME!!!
Wow u are amazing! Can i pay u to make my kids cakes in the future:)
you need to teach me so I can make it for Gunnar's party. I have until May till learn. Hopefully I can do it:)
Post a Comment