Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bikes and 7 hours

You won't believe my day. Well, I'll tell you anyways. This morning we got up and going, then around 10 am we headed out for a bike ride to daddy's work. I didn't think it would take very long, but when we were about 2 or less miles away, Nix had a flat tire. So, I called Brett and he gave me directions to the closest bike place, so we started our walk to the bike place. Nix pushed his bike for a while, then I balanced it on my handle bars, then I balanced Nix on there for a while too, but he wasn't comfortable so he preferred walking. Tino is in the carrier on the back of my bike the whole time. We finally make it to the bike shop, they fixed his tire, which had two holes in it. I looked at my watch and it was 1 pm. Not too bad. I talked to Brett and he said, "Don't come to my work, just worry about getting home." So we started to head home, but Nix was so upset that we weren't going to Daddy's work, which was the whole reason why we were out there, so I thought I knew the way to Daddy's work from the bike shop and we were going to go anyways, but we turned the wrong way on MacArthur. We crossed over the 405, then I thought we would see the 55, but when we saw the 73 I was pretty sad. We ended up going WAY out of the way. We found a Wienerschnizel around 2:30 and I bought the boys corn dogs. Then I found the courage to call Brett for directions to a bike trail. We headed home and Nix was still going strong. When we walked into the house, I looked at the clock and it was 5 pm. Our whole day was out in the hot sun riding bikes. Tino was such a good sport, sitting there for so long, well he did get out at the bike shop and when we got lunch. I'm so tired. I gave the boys a cold bath, dressed them for bed and hope to have them both asleep at 6 pm tonight. I need to go feed them again.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Ohmygoodness!!! You poor things!!! What a good sport your little Nixon is!!! Glad you all got home okay!!

Vanessa said...

OH MY GOSH! What a day! My mouth dropped as I was reading. I'm so sorry, sounds like quite an adventure! I'm sure you are glad to be home. You have such good and patient boy's. Glad you are home safe!