
Monte facebook messaged Brett and I a few months ago to see if we wanted to participate in a half ironman triathlon relay. I would swim, Monte would bike and Brett would run. I started to swim a few times a week so I would be strong enough to compete, and a lot of fun things happened during my training. My friend in the next picture, happened to work for the company putting on the triathlon. She invited me to swim in the ocean with her on Thursday nights, so I had a few open water training days, and then she informed me of a 1 mile ocean swim race, that Sophi and I did without signing up. I had another friend agree to wake up early one day a week to swim in her pool, and we only missed two mornings in the 2 months that we did that. Then when I went to visit my family, I went swimming with my mom and sisters a few times at 5 am which was really fun too. Brett didn't find the time to train like he wanted to, so he contacted a ringer for our team. Wadley, who is one of the fastest swimmers in the nation, and an amazing triathlete. Brett and Wadley served in the same mission, at the same time, and have remained in touch after a decade. So in the end, his quick pace running really helped place our team in 3rd place in the mixed relay category. Sophi's team was right behind us.




Well done Monte! The bike was the longest, hardest and most gruesome leg of the entire race. And probably one of the hardest bike routes of any race out there.


#1 fans
Wadley
If you are wondering where my swimming picture is, well, I don't know if there is one yet. And if there is one and after I look at it, I may not want to post it on my blog. So there you go.
2 comments:
you guys did awesome. Congrats to you guys, what an amazing achievement. That was a hard race
What a fun day it was!! I'm so excited you guys are coming up for Halloween!! YEAH!!
Post a Comment