Monday, November 30, 2009

First came the ideas...

Brett remembers when he was young, growing up in Utah, and his dad would build igloos in the snow, with a large bucket. I witnessed one of these igloos and they are truly amazing, and so much fun! I could imagine how fun a 10 year old boy would have with an igloo in the snow. I think he may have even slept in it at least one year. Well, his gingerbread house was inspired, and instead of using the graham crackers, he used marshmallows and built an igloo. Then the sleigh, then the horse stable, then the pond and the snowman and Christmas tree. It's a darling decoration for our house. Nix asked me if he could eat Daddy's candy!
Nix on the other hand ended up having a hand crash land into it and the whole house fell down, Tino ate all the marshmallows off of it and Nix ate all the candy. NICE! They had a great time. Making candy houses is a yearly tradition for us. The adults have as much fun as the kids doing it, if not more!

2 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

yum

Vanessa said...

I like the one of Nix with licorice hanging out of his mouth, that captures it all, eating and building at the same time! :) Brett's truly is fantastic and very clever! Never seen anyone do an igloo before in all the years we've been doing this!